Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In my Shoes


Everyone think I should be happy, because I’m the only child of my parents. People expect me to always be happy with what I have. When people see you dress nice they thing you got it all and your life is fine. Well that was my life until when my dad had cancer and die of it my whole world came down. All my friends stop hanging around me, some even made their new cool kids crew and I was left out. My mom was so frustrated that she got on drug and everyday different men came to our house and she tell me they were her business partners. I started been badly in school, I disrespect my teachers, don’t do my homework, and even stealing, because that’s was the only way I could feel better. I was the hottest of the school and popular of my whole town. I had any boy I want to have and I make sure all the kids that get good grades get beat up and I also make them do my homework. I even had my own gang group and make my boys steal phones, i Pods, and money for me. My principal once call my mom and told her what I did to this girl name Alex, but when I went my mom was gone and she left a note that she was going to be back in a month and we can talk about my behalves. I got really mad, because I was doing all these things to make her notice how change I’ve become, but she didn’t even care. I cry my self to sleep that night and pray to God and cry to him, so he could see how my life change when he took my father away. The next day at school when I got in the hallway, most of my friends were running away from me like I was a ghost or something. At that moment I knew that I was not hurting my mom I was only hurting me and my dad is not pride of me. I draped out of my gang group and started doing my homework; I was talking with the kids I used to call nerds. One night while I was sleeping I hear a car drive in our garage and when I went downstairs my mom had a new car and she told me she went to rehab and she promise she will always look at for me.

1 comment:

  1. I read this story a while ago and wanted to thank you for sharing it here...I learned a lot about you and it leaves me with lots of questions...for example, exactly where and when did these things happen? Was any of this in Liberia?

    Also...paragraphs. I notice that your NEXT post is broken into paragraphs, but this one is not, which makes it much harder to read. Please look over it again and find good places to break it into paragraphs. You and your sister should help each other do this; she had the same one-paragraph thing happening on her blog, too. Thanks! And I look forward to reading more stories.

    ReplyDelete